CAIN Web Service
- Identity in Northern Ireland
Page Compiled: Martin Melaugh
Material is added to this site on a regular basis - information on this page may change
While this section is being completed the following publications, and related information, will be of use:
- Selected reading list
- Main pages
- Cash, John D. (1996). 'The Framework Document and its Discontents', a chapter in, Cash, John D. (1996). Identity, Ideology and Conflict: The Structuration of Politics in Northern Ireland. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Kuusisto, Anna-Kaisa. (1999). 'Politics of place and resistance: the case of Northern Ireland', an article in, Jani Vuolteenaho and Topi Antti Äikas (eds) (1999). Nordia Geographical Publications (NGP) Yearbook 1999, Volume 28, No.2.
- Melaugh, Martin. (2012). Background note on the protests and violence related to the flag at the Belfast City Hall, December 2012. CAIN: <http://cain.ulst.ac.uk/issues/identity/flag-2012.htm>
- Meulemans, Bill. (2013). Chapter 10, 'Culture Wars', in, Belfast: Both Sides Now. Charleston: CreateSpace.
- Moxon-Browne, Edward. (1991). 'National Identity in Northern Ireland', chapter two in, Stringer, Peter., and Robinson, Gillian. (1991). Social Attitudes in Northern Ireland, the First Report. Belfast: Blackstaff.
- list of source material.